Saying Goodbye

In preparation for our leaving on Sunday morning we decided to drop Bailey off Saturday night with Candy. I felt just awful about leaving her (any other time that we leave she stays home and usually Kim comes and stays with her... so this was her first time away from home) I actually cried the whole way home from Jacksonville, how sad is that?!?! She truly is like my child though. I spoke with Candy Sunday morning and found that her nor Bailey slept that night... which made me feel even more awful for Candy losing sleep! She assured me that everything was ok though and not to worry (I owe you BIG time Candy!!!)

Sunday morning we got up and headed to Panama to say our goodbyes to my Grandpa. This was little man's first big trip and he did GREAT!! We all took turns driving... and we got to my uncle's in about 4 1/2 hours. After visiting there for a while we headed into Panama to check into our hotel. Then my uncle arrived and we headed to my Grandpa's to visit with more family who had just arrived. After a little while there we headed back to town to get some dinner and some rest at the hotel.

Dean and I both woke up early Monday morning.... 6am! ... because we had a freight train in our room ALL night! (aka.. My dad! lol!) Needless to say we were happy we were only staying the one night... otherwise we would have had to get a separate room. So Zane ended up waking up a little while later and we decided to go down stairs to see what the hotel was serving for breakfast. After grabbing a yogurt we decided to head back up and start getting ready to leave. Once we were all ready to go we packed up the car and headed to IHOP for some breakfast. After Zane finished his he decided that it was time to sleep, lol, I don't think he slept very well that night either. :)
We then met everyone up at the funeral home for the viewing then the service.


Here's what the paper read:
Paul Newton Adams, 83, of Southport, Fl, passed away Tuesday, April 21, 2009, at Bay Medical Center in Panama City.
He was born in Miami and moved to this area in 2001 from Hilliard, Fl. Mr Adams was retired from the United Sates Navy, where he served during World War II in the North African invasion, the invasion of Salerno, the invasion of southern France and the invasion of Okinawa. He also served during Korea and Vietnam. He held memberships in the Fleet Reserve Association, the Amvets and the VFW.
He was preceeded in death by his parents, Cloise and Gladys Martin Adams; his daughter, Paula Lee Adams Townsend; and his brother, Richard Adams.
Survivors include his two sons, Paul Adams II, and wife Elaine, of Youngstown, Fl, and Glenn Adams and wife, Judy, of Goochland, Va; his sister Viloa Istvan of Fort Lauderdale, Fl; his grandchildren, Tabetha Marlow and husband, William of Fountain, Fl; Jaime Bare and husband, Dean of Hilliard, Fl; Paul Adams III and Shawn Adams, both of Ohio; and great-grandchildren, Anna Marlow, Zoey Marlow and Zane Bare.

My Grandpa was a great man and to say that I will miss him greatly doesn't do quite what I feel. I love him so very much and loved the time we got to spend together. He loved to tell stories of the way things were and the things that he had experienced. I really wish that Zane was old enough to remember him the way I do, I will surely make sure he knows the great man that I knew. I know he's telling my mom what a great grandchild she has.

Once the service was over we headed to my Aunt and Uncles' to visit with family before everyone headed home. Some of my family I haven't seen in 10 years.. and some longer. It was so very nice to get to spend time with them. I wish that we all lived closer so we could see each other more. Here are some pics from that afternoon...
Little Man...

me and Uncle Glenn...

Zane trying out his first pretzel... he wasn't that thrilled, lol!


Zane playing on the floor...

Zane figured out how to roll over from his back to his stomach today!! This was about his 3rd or 4th time :) .....





Zane and Mommy....

Zane with cousin Richard...

Aunt Judy, Zane and Aunt Vi....

Aunt Judy, me and Zane....

Me and Aunt Vi....

Tabetha and Zoey....

Zane, Aunt Judy and Uncle Glenn....

Zoey, Tabetha, Uncle Paul, Aunt Elaine, Hannah, Brittany and William....

Dad, Zane and Aunt Vi....

Dad and Zane...

Tabetha and me....

Aunt Elaine, me and Uncle Paul....



After visiting for a while we said our goodbyes and headed home. We picked Bailey up in Jacksonville before heading home.. and boy was she so very happy to see us... and we were happy to have her back. After getting back home we came in and crashed.. didn't unpack the car just hit the hay... after all, we didn't sleep much the night before :)

Zane passed out on the way home....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I need your opinion for father's day photo!!!

Horrible News