Resolutions....

Ok... so with the new year comes new year resolutions. I have to say the past couple of years I haven't really made any just hoped that the next year would be better than the last. I thought this year I'd try it again... except I'm calling them my goals for this year.... Here goes...

Become A Better Christian.... I've really been slacking a lot in this area. When I became pregnant with Zane my life hit a turning point and all I wanted was to become a better Christian for my baby, I want to set the best example that I possibly can. I've gotten better but still could use a lot of improvement. I've had a potty mouth since high school and it's most certainly something that I'm not proud of. I've been working steadily on dropping it... but it really is something so hard to brake. I want to read the Bible more.... and not just read it but apply it.

Being Positive... I need to learn to be more positive with everything. I want to always see the bright side of things, not always thinking of what could or probably will go wrong.

Learn more Patience... If you know me you know that I have seriously NO patience what so ever. It's horrible!!! This is something that has just got to change... I don't want to pass it on to Zane.

Exercise and Eat Right... I know, I know... this is the one that everyone makes and always breaks. But I figure I've got a good running start on this one. When I got pregnant with Zane my eating habits change... for the good... I actually starting eating right and drinking lots of water instead of a good ole coke. I also picked up walking, since running wasn't really possible. These are also traits I want to pass to Zane, and I can't expect him to do them if I don't set that example.

Friends and Family... I want to spent lots of time with friends and family. It's so nice to just hang out with everyone. I love our friends and family and just feel like we don't spend enough time together... everyone gets so caught up in work that it's really hard to set that time aside.

Go Back to School... I am just a few classes from completing my AA. How sad is that! I want to get it finished and move on to my BA... but actually finish it in the time I'm suppose to!!!

I'm just overall hoping that 2009 is a great year for us. 2007 was I think the worst year. The only good thing that year was us getting married... we had a lot of things happen that year. 2008 didn't ring in so well... I won't get into that one, we'll just say is was seriously BAD! In March however we found out that we would soon have a baby. I will never forget that moment.. it was the best moment in my life. In July we filed for bankruptcy. We finally were getting to put 2007 and all of it's events behind us. In November we welcomed our precious baby boy into our lives. I love him more than words could ever explain. December was filled with becoming new parents and lots of time with family and friends... and ending with the entrance of Gavin Walker. I just hope the cloud we were riding at the end of 2008 keeps rising in 2009. So far so GREAT!!!

Love you all and hope that 2009 brings everything that you hope and wish for!

Jaime

Comments

Darlene said…
Here's to a great 09! 2008 wasn't the best year for me, so I, too, am hoping 2009 brings greater health and happiness.

I wish you the best with your goals!
Deirdre said…
Wishing you a great 2009!
Hollie said…
great goals for the new year!

matt's mom lives in crescent city, putnam county.

and about my camera, yes, i am loving it. i probably get on my fam and friends nerves for taking so many pics!

your little family is adorable! Happy New Year!!
Abbi said…
thanks for the comment! Happy new year to you too!

Popular posts from this blog

I need your opinion for father's day photo!!!

Horrible News