Vacation .. Day 4

Today we were off to Animal Kingdom. We were super excited since we had never been.

BUT.. before we got to the park something that still blows Dean and I away happened :) Zane READ his first words!!! Without Dean and I helping or even prompting it!! I still can't believe it... anyways.. here is that story first....

We got on one of the handicap buses at the hotel. well in the buses are seating that if someone with a wheelchair gets on they set up the seat in order to fit in the wheelchair... anyways.. we sat in that area. So Dean was holding Zane and we were just sitting there talking and Zane is looking behind Dean out the window (or so we thought)... we start hearing start just stammering mu.. mu... mu... must. We were like what? bus?? he really didn't pay any mind to us so we just kept talking. Then he starts saying.. pa.. pa... pass... pass. pa.. passen... passengers!!(plain and clear may I add!) Dean and I just looked at each other.. we were like.. we've never said that around him before... nor has anyone else... where did he get that?? Then we hear him say... Passengers must. We then end up looking behind Dean and see a sign that says: Priority Seating
Passengers must give up their seats... blah blah...
Passengers must!!! OMG!! We just sat there and couldn't even grasp the fact that he, on his own, just sat there and sounded out that and read it on his own!!! I still can't believe it! I have to say.. I believed a lot in the Your Baby Can Read program before.. but now I do more than ever!!! I highly recommend it!!!

It didn't turn out to be a very pretty day at all for us :( So there aren't too many pictures to post since I could only bring out the camera when there was a break in the weather. I have to admit after going through the park Dean and I were a bit disappointed in the park. The only thing we really enjoyed was the character meetings and the Safari ride... and then the end of Everest (the beginning of the ride was SUPER slow and boring). I def think I'll just stick to our Jacksonville Zoo (sorry Disney). Anyways... on to the pics...

Tree in Animal Kingdom..

Thought the ornaments were pretty neat on this one...

In front of the Tree of Life..

And then meeting some of the characters... did I mention that Zane said Goofy today?!?!









A couple of pics from our safari ride...









The back of the Tree of Life...

and it's Detail...

Bats!!







After the park closed (at 5pm) we decided to eat at the Rain Forrest Cafe since it was right at the exit of the park and since everyone was leaving we actually got to sit right down at a table. Zane was so tired that he slept in his stroller right up until we were getting ready to pay the bill! Dean and I finally got a quite dinner together, well sort of, haha!

Then we were off to Downtown Disney again for a little more shopping :) It was a long be fun day... minus the rain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I need your opinion for father's day photo!!!

Horrible News