Catching Back Up...

2 weeks behind AGAIN! So here's my extra long post as to what has been going on in our world... and there are so many pictures that I'm not even going to bother... it would take me another 2 weeks to load them all! lol! we'll start with Memorial Weekend...

So we usually go down to the lake for Memorial weekend but decided to head to Tampa to spend the weekend with friends.

(5/23)
We left Sat late morning and got there that afternoon... and when we got there we headed straight for the lake! That night The Pedersen's fixed Steak and Potatoes for dinner... it was mmm mmm good!!

(5/24)
Sun morning Brett made us the most delicious chocolate chip pancakes! Then Dean and Morgan played on the trampoline for a little bit before we headed off to the lake again. That afternoon we decided to hit up the cable park. Our short drive there however turned into a 2 hours stand still because of an accident on the highway... they drive backwards down their on ramps down there! lol! This was Dean first ever trip to the cables! The man has been wakeboarding for 8 years and has yet to ride them! After a few laps he decided to try out the sliders. Morgan was a pro at the cables and it was fun to watch him give Dean pointers, seeing there age difference. After the guys rode for 2 hours we headed back to the Pedersen's home for dinner (ribs, chicken, beans and potato salad!!!) and a dip in the hot tub!

(5/25)
Monday morning we got up to eggs, bacon and biscuits for breakfast! We hit the lake that they live right across from today. It was so pretty! We met up with some of the local guys that they know out there and some of them rode with us and others got in to give some pointers. Zane road again today with Dean on the wakeboard... he didn't fall asleep this time and seemed to really enjoy it. Dean said he was checking everything out and would look at him and grin :) Once they got back into the water he was playing away! I love that little boy! Every time we stopped he was in the water playing... he LOVED it! After all day in the lake we headed back home to shower up and get ready to go out to dinner... we ate a Mongolian grill place and it was AWESOME! Once we got back from dinner we decided to go ahead and get the car packed so that it was one less thing to do in the morning... after all they were all back to work and school.

(5/26)
Tuesday morning we got up, packed our last few things and said our good-byes. We had planned on heading straight home (seeing that we were sun burnt from the day before) but decided to head into Tampa to go to the Aquarium and also decided to take the long way home around the east coast. Dean missed the exit for Daytona because I had fell asleep because I wasn't feeling well (we planned on taking the beach route home) and we ended up getting off on the New Smyrna Beach exit.... and stopping at DQ for some ice cream! Somewhere around Flagler beach the weather caught up with us. We ended up getting home about 9pm, but had a total blast taking our time (it is vacation right?!?)

The rest of the week Dean and I just spend some family time together. It was nice to have that break.

(5/30)
Today was our first All Wet Wakeboard Contest of the year. Dean and I run these contest and look forward to them each year... though about half way I'm about over it and ready to head home. There was a GREAT turnout! and Red Bull was AWESOME!! We had about 41 riders. Zane did GREAT! and I actually found some time to go swimming in the lake with him!

(5/31)
Dean and I both woke up with dehydration this morning! We starting talking a little bit and we both realized we had only had about one water a piece (which for the record is NOT normal for our contests... I try to make sure we're drinking a bottle and hour to avoid days like today!) So around 7 I headed into Folkston to get us some Gatorade and crackers with Dean was at home getting sick... mine came later.... I gave Kim a call with no answer and left a message pretty much begging her to come out. Around 9 Zane woke up and I tried Kim again.. .no answer... and about 5 min later she called me back to tell me she would be out shortly. I got up, fed Zane and tried to entertain him but ended up getting sick and having to put him in his crib to play till Kim got there. Kim stayed for a little while with Zane and in the mean time Dean and I tried to sleep off our sickies. Dean took the afternoon shift after Kim left... he seemed to be feeling a bit better as I was getting worse.

(6/1)
Dean headed back to work while I was still sick at home.. and then at lunch had the nerve to tell me that he could have used his last floating vaca day on today! Not what I wanted to hear since he wasn't home!

(6/2)
Today I had a wedding to shoot!! Thank you Candy!! Well for 2 things... for telling Lexie about me and watching my little terror! I was just happy that I was feeling good enough to roll around on the ground to get dirty for some shots, lol!

(6/3 - 6/4)
Dean decided to use his vaca day and split it onto two days. We had planned on heading the river both days and well... it rained!! So we ended up going to dinner Wed night and getting some movies to watch)

(6/5)
Today was errand day... There was so much crap to do it was unbelieveable... I thought that I would never finish! Then on my way home I got a call from Candy to help her out with some dress shopping... and how could I say no!! lol.. we had a blast! and she got a great dress!! (that I'm going to be borrowing when I loose some weight!)

We were suppose to be going to Orlando tom for another wakeboard contest and for Dean to ride the cables and well... sometime while we were in Tampa he broke his board and bindings! So we're still waiting on them to get here... we were hoping that they would both come in today... but it looks like it will be next week. So we're crossing our fingers that the weather holds out so that we can at least enjoy the river some this weekend!

That's about all that's been going on here... I've got lots of blogs to start trying to catch up on... hope everyone is doing well!

Jaime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I need your opinion for father's day photo!!!

Horrible News