OVER IT!!!

Full Warning... lol, I'm venting over being fat!!



I'm totally over being overweight!! Granted.. I'm the same weight after pregnancy as before, but I don't see how! I feel sooo much bigger!! I think things must have just shifted on me.. that's all I can come up with! I was told before I got pregnant that I need to lose at least 20 pounds to get me out of the overweight bracket... well I'm setting a goal of 50 pounds! I'm not setting a date... just a goal.. and I WILL get there!

I keep hearing people tell me that it's ok because I just had a baby... YEAH... 7 MONTHS AGO!! Really?!?! That excuse just doesn't apply any longer... I will no longer feed myself that lie! Not to mention I really never was able to use that excuse anyways... I only gained a whopping 14 pounds! This coming after a totally mental breakdown Sat night after trying to figure out what I was going to wear to church. All these dresses fit before I got pregnant! and how is it that I'm the same weight and they DO NOT fit! I'm telling you things must have shifted! I still have a baby belly (that wasn't there before) and well.. BOOBS! lol... that were only half there before.

Dean does have me convinced of one thing though... our dryer is completely shrinking the heck out of our clothes... I mean within about 3-4 washes and drys Dean's t-shirts are 3 in too short (lol.. it's kinda funny!) and well then there is Zane's bibs... we have some with the plastic on the back... you know so that the drool doesn't soak them too! anyways... it's MELTING the plastic on the back! Completely ridiculous! So a new dryer in on the agenda.

SO... here's my thing... at the beginning of the year I said that I was going to be healthy because I wanted Zane to be healthy... not me telling me that he needed to eat carrots while I wolf down some doughnuts! But us both eating carrots kind of healthy, lol! I refuse to tell my son to do something that I'm not doing myself. I don't want him to have to think about it.. I want it to come natural from watching Dean and I.

What am I doing about it? I told myself more than 4 weeks ago that I was going to start running and training for a 5k with my best friend Candy. Well the first week went pretty decent.. we ran.. well I ran 2 of the 3 days. The next week Dean was on vacation.. and well the following week we were sick and it was raining. With the whole breakdown Sat night... I started running... on the treadmill... I'm going to run every night as well as try to do the 3 mornings with Candy and my workouts 2-3 times a week. I'm over being overweight... I'm tired of making excuses... and I'm sick of putting it off. The only person that can make myself do it is ME!

So... IT"S ON!!!! I'm taking a before picture and just like with my pregnancy I'm going to continue to take pics so I can see the changes and keep pushing myself. I'm so ready to see some changes! Candy and I have already put together a race schedule for this fall and I'm so psyched about it! I can't wait to run and finish my first 5k!

Comments

Tara Libby said…
You go girl!

I feel your pain about nothing fitting! I have a whole closet full of clothes that I cant wear. It is very frustrating!

I am hoping that while I am home this summer I can do better with my eating habits as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Wordless Wednesday

6 Month Sneak #2