Silver Springs

Full warning.. this is another long one with LOTS of pictures :)



So Dean was off today too and we wanted to do something else with Zane. We kept debating what... St Augustine and the Alligator Farm, Savannah, Seaworld, Disney.. and a few others... we decided to go to Silver Springs. Dean and I had been before but not since we were about 5 or so. So we left this morning at 7am to head down. We got there a little after the park opened and there were hardly any people there. Our first stop... the gators ofcourse. I must admit I didn't realize how many types of gators there were. I took pictures of I think almost all of them... and ding dong me forgot to take pictures of the signs so I would know what they were! lol! They had white albino gators but they were off display for a couple of days because they're cage was leaking... that was a little disappointing.

Anyways... here are some picture of the gators.... big kitties... animals from our boat ride and a few others along the way....



Then we decided to head to the other side of the park... but not before Daddy took some pictures with Zane with this gator...




And Zane decided to show off his kung-foo moves, lol!!


This is what Zane was doing while we ate lunch... he's so silly these days...






And ofcourse we had to stop and get a family picture....


I must say... I've got one handsome little man!!


These are my home boys... hahahaha... I love this picture!!!


And finally we go to the giraffes...


He was facing us... guess he didn't want his picture taken...


and the bears.....







Oh.. and the best part of our trip, lol!!!, the off roading ride....


Our guide was so flipping funny... he was a cross between Forrest Gump and Boonhower. Dean and I didn't quit laughing the entire time... and Zane slept though the entire bumpy ride.

Ok... so hears what we hear... although it's not nearly even close to how funny it was to hear him describe the below.... most of the joke were so corny that you just has to laugh...



This is Bernard.... he's the best employee because he's here 365 day a year, is never late, never calls in sick, and always has a smile. He's also the night watchman.


This is Flash...


When we got to the pin with all the animals in it there were two emu's blocking the road. Well any normal person would have slowed down... no not our driver he punched the gas!! Then slammed the brakes and preceded to say "well that'll move ya!" and that that was 2 of the 13 birds that they had... I leaned in to Dean and asked "what happened to the other 11 did he hit them?!"


"These are lama's.... they tend to spit about 15 - 20 feet.... so I tend to stay oh bout 20- 25 feet away"



"This is Oreo, he's on loan from McDonald's"



"There's a grey bird and a white bird"




"Emu eggs... do ya know how bigga omelet you could make with that!"


We had to take a picture before we got off...



Off to the gift shop....

lol, Zane playing with a snake....

And here's what we ended up leaving with... a gator (from daddy) and a monkey hand puppet (from mommy) oh and Bailey got a small gator too..

Then we caught the bird show... This was actually really cool... the birds flew right over our heads!



Then we caught the reptile show... didn't really take any pics... the normal guys was off so another guy (might I add kid) just talked to us about gators...


but Zane and I did pose for a picture with the gator at the end :)



Then off to the non-venomous snake show....




Daddy and Zane...




Then we seen this guys when we were leaving... he had perched himself on here!


We decided to take 2 last pictures before leaving...

lol.. I was concentrating on holding the camera...


My passed out baby....



Then before heading home we made a couple of calls to my aunts since they lived only about 30 minutes from where we were and decided to stop by.... they haven't seen Zane yet. Well our 30 minute trip turned into an hour and a half thanks to mapquest! We ended up calling and asking dad for directions, lol! My aunt had fixed us dinner too! I love my family!! We had a great time visiting.

Zane with Aunt Frances...


Skittles with jealous....




Zane with Aunt Yvonne...

Comments

Darlene said…
We went in December and it was fun! I hadn't been there in forever either. I want to go back again. And omigosh, wasn't that Kodiak bear Gimormous!! I never realized how big they were! We fed the giraffes, I have a cute pic I should post or scrap.

Off to read your 43rd post of the day! hhahaha

Popular posts from this blog

I need your opinion for father's day photo!!!

Horrible News